ONSITE AND OFFSITE WORKSHOPS
- Tailored, Purposeful and Entertaining
- Gamified Learning – The Messages Stick
- Customised for The Audience – Boards, Executive Teams, Managers, Analysts, or Shopfloor Level
BOARD WORKSHOP ON SUPPLY CHAIN GOVERNANCE (HALF DAY)
Boards invest their time very wisely for the simple reason that they never get enough time together to carry out their statutory duties.
The Primary Focus Of Boards Is Corporate Governance
There are only a limited number of board meetings so the board process is designed and run with almost military precision to give allow the boards to carry out their statutory tasks with efficiency. In this article we write about how boards do a wonderful job in corporate governance, but still fall short in supply chain governance.
If you want to read more about what is the difference between corporate governance and supply chain governance – here is a simple explanation.
Supply Chain Governance Is Equally Important
The focus of this popular workshop is entirely on supply chain governance. It covers the topics such as:
- What is supply chain governance?
- How does supply chain governance differ from corporate governance?
- What are the main components of supply chain governance?
- Why most companies still fall short in supply chain governance, even though they easily meet the criteria for corporate governance?
- What is the business impact of lack of adequate supply chain governance?
- What are the potential big risks emanating from lack of adequate supply chain governance?
- Why boards are responsible for supply chain governance?
- How to achieve adequate supply chain governance?
- Is there an easy way to carry out the diagnostics on the level of supply chain governance in your company?
- Which type of companies must have a director on the board with supply chain expertise in order to assure adequate supply chain governance? Why?
If this sounds like a discussion you want to have at the board level within your company, contact us on [email protected].
ABOUT THE PRINCIPAL AUTHOR
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek's journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.
This offer expires in
Our Quick Notes On Five Flows Of Supply Chain Management
USE CODE "FREETODAY"
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Our Clients say it better than we ever could:
Our Clients come from a variety of industries – yet they have a common element. They rarely rest on their laurels, and are always looking to do better.
OUR PROJECTS - EFFECTIVE TRANSFORMATIONS
In the last 20 years we have completed more than 500 projects. Click below to see a sample of our projects.
THE 5-STAR BUSINESS NETWORK
If you are deeply passionate about the world of business and supply chain networks as I am, and enjoy digging answers to critical questions that will help build and steer your business with wisdom, then join me. This book is a journey of exploration through the world of business networks that run along the veins of today’s commercial world.
OUTPERFORM OUTSOURCE OUTPROFIT
The trend of outsourcing continues to grow unabated with the whole gamut of services, from simple to mission-critical tasks. There is not a single company on earth that does not outsource anything. It is not just about cost arbitrage, it is also a finer expression of division of labour at the organisational level. Like all leverage, outsourcing is a double-edged sword too. On one hand, it allows you to do more, faster. On the other hand, if it goes bad, it can easily kill your business. If you do not believe that is possible – you can google the Fox Meyer saga from the 90s and see for yourself.
UNCHAIN YOUR CORPORATION
Businesses Are Chained By Unseen Chains. If You Are Looking For Ways To “Unchain Your Corporation” A Successful Business Transformation Is Required.
Successful Business Transformations Are Difficult, Yet Rewarding.
Business Transformation Is Fast Becoming A Question Of Survival In The Modern Globalised Era.
Modern Supply Chains Integrate Businesses And Economies Faster By Systematic Information Sharing From Internal And External Sources.
Companies Can Multiply Profits By Progressively Ramping Up Cohesion And Collaboration Of All Moving Parts In B2B Network To Achieve Tighter Integration.
GREEN SUPPLY CHAIN – AN ACTION MANIFESTO
It is generally accepted that environmental consciousness is now changing to environmental proactiveness as organizations are discovering that it makes good commercial sense.
Boards are asking the management to review their policies related to environmental norms, not only to bolster their corporate social responsibility aims, but also because consumers are asking for greener supply chains
It is also widely agreed that consumers will increasingly prefer to buy more and even pay more for products or services provided in an environmentally sound manner.