Why do companies outsource? Because, outsourcing provides leverage.
What does that mean? It allows you to do things you could not do yourself, and it allows you to do them faster, better and at a lower cost.
Like all leverage, business process outsourcing is a double-edged sword too. On one hand, it allows you to do more, faster. On the other hand, if it goes bad, it can easily kill your business. If you do not believe that is possible – you can look into the Fox Meyer saga from the 90s and see for yourself.
- Outsourcing decisions are made on an ad-hoc basis rather than based on a well thought through outsourcing strategy
- The rate of outsourcing failure is still alarmingly high
What do we offer?
- Aid in making the outsourcing decision
- Get the best value out of outsourcing arrangements
Why use it?
- We developed the first thorough framework in devising an outsourcing strategy. It is thoroughly discussed in our latest book “Outsourcing 3.0 – Outperform, Outsource, Outprofit.”
- Fully customisable, adaptable framework, implemented by our supply chain veterans.
Five key questions for the Boards and Senior Management Teams considering Supply Chain BPOs:
- Do you have a sustainable competitive advantage in your business or can you competitors easily under-cut you in a tight market, offering same service for less?
- Where will your company be in 5 years time? How will they achieve it?
- Is your company meeting all the commitments that your salespeople make during the bidding process?
- Is your company making maximum utilisation of all the opportunities available through outsourcing, technology and people?
- Is your company ready for the next round of cost cutting in your customers’ organisations (whenever that happens)?
If the answer to any of these questions is no – we will be glad to work closely with your team to create to develop unsurpassable competitive advantage through BPO. Please click here