THE ART OF "REALLY" KNOWING YOUR CUSTOMERS
The freight industry is one of the most important aspects of the global supply chain. Goods must be transported from one place to another in order to meet customer demand, and freight technology has come a long way in making this process more efficient.
There are a number of different freight technologies available today, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Some common freight technologies include trucking, rail, air cargo, and maritime shipping.
Each mode of transportation has its own strengths and weaknesses, and it is important to select the right mode for each shipment.
Technology has also played a role in improving the efficiency of freight transport. For example, GPS tracking systems can help businesses track their shipments in real time, ensuring that they arrive on time and reducing the likelihood of lost or damaged goods.
How to stay ahead in the freight industry
The freight industry is always changing, and it can be hard to stay ahead of the competition. Here are some tips to help you stay on top of the game:
1. Keep up with technology. Technology is constantly evolving, and if you want to stay ahead of the competition, you need to keep up with the latest trends. Use online tools to keep track of your shipments and make sure you’re using the best shipping software out there.
2. Stay up-to-date on regulations. Regulations are always changing, so it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest changes. This will help you avoid fines and penalties, and ensure that your shipments meet all requirements.
3. Network with other industry professionals. networking with other professionals in your industry can help you learn new strategies and keep up with the latest trends.
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek's journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Our Clients say it better than we ever could:
Our Clients come from a variety of industries – yet they have a common element. They rarely rest on their laurels, and are always looking to do better.
OUR PROJECTS - EFFECTIVE TRANSFORMATIONS
In the last 20 years we have completed more than 500 projects. Click below to see a sample of our projects.
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT A SUPPLY CHAIN CAREER
NOW Is The Best Time To Take YOUR Career Seriously:Y