Want To Enjoy The FULL Benefits Of A TRULY Effective Supply Chain?
We are arguably one of world's first top tier strategy houses focused entirely on the art of supply chain management.
In Addition To 'Co-Inventing' Supply Chain Management, The Principals Of Global Supply Chain Group Have Continued To Create, Harness And Propogate A Significant Amount Of Practical Intellectual Capital On Supply Chain Management That Forms The Foundatation Of Every Supply Chain In The World Today. -More
Get In Touch With Us When It Is Time To REALLY Transform Your Supply Chain.
UPGRADE YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN USING OUR RESULTS FOCUSED APPROACH
- SYSTEMATIC, RAPID, AND SECURE METHODOLOGY
- PRACTICAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY – REPORTS AND BOOKS
- FLEXIBLE, MASTERFUL TEAMS
Evolution Of Supply Chain Management
Supply chain network Management Strategy and Capabilities evolved from primitive to esoteric in the four decades since the mid-1970.In the initial phase (pre-1950), there was no need of any strategy for supply chains. In the decade that followed, supply chain strategy focused only on the overall profitability of the business. Supply Chain strategy came into real existence only after the Materials requirements Planning revolution of the 1980s.
Supply Chain Advantage involves achieving alignment in end-to-end supply chain across all the functional silos of an organisation. A tightly knit organisation, working in harmony from procurement through inbound logistics, manufacturing, outbound logistics, delivery and support serves to reduce the overall organisational costs quite significantly.
Benefits of Supply Chain Advantage can add up to 7-20% cost reduction and another 2-10% revenue enhancement.Supply Chain Advantage through better planning, scheduling and execution of all supply chain activities is gaining increased focus in the board rooms.
Global Supply Chain Group possesses the right mix of skills, tools and culture to help companies win Supply Chain Advantage. All three are necessary to achieve the outstanding benefits.
ABOUT THE PRINCIPAL AUTHOR
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek’s journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.