Next Workshop in Sydney: Friday 18th June, 9am-5pm at Clifton’s Training Centre, 200 George St. Sydney
Why this Workshop has been created?
The time for proactive action for greening the Supply Chain has arrived!
Global Supply Chain Group, with international credentials, has developed a Corporate Workshop on Green Supply Chain that delivers new strategies, methods and tools to enable you and your managers to understand and develop readiness for this new paradigm.
Climate Change driven expectations from consumers, community groups/NGOs, regulations from Governments and your own Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) obligations, demand that we manage the Supply Chain risks proactively and innovate on this new frontier.
How to transform your traditional supply chains and turn them into Green Supply Chains? And, why you need to do it now?
This is a first serious effort towards a clear, actionable plan for the transformation to a Green Supply Chain! The Workshop, designed by our experts with vast international experience, answer 5 key questions:
- What are the tangible and intangible benefits of moving towards green supply chains?
- What are the costs – both direct, and indirect?
- What influence do we have over our suppliers, their suppliers and our customers that would allow us to jointly work together and move the supply chain towards a green supply chain?
- In our end to end supply chain, which party has the most influence? How can we encourage them to think green? Why?
- How will we communicate our progress towards the green supply chain to the key stakeholders? How will we engage them?
The style of the workshop is direct; action oriented and comprehensive. It covers all of the basics as well as providing detailed and wider discussions to encourage thought and practical application. To facilitate practical application, the workshop is illustrated by case studies and application checklists.
Mr. Murali Dharan
Muralli specialises in Supply Chain transformations and Technology Solutions. He has a strong track record of leadership in commercial and non-profit organisations, with special focus on CSR. He is a veteran of IT industry with expertise in Technologies, Sales/Marketing and implementation of Business Solutions in Asia Pacific and General Management. As a State Manager at Microsoft, he built and managed $100M+ software business. As the Manager for Strategic Global Partners, he built a strong Partner Channel, including ISV such as SAP. He had served in various Solutions, Services & Consulting roles with Novell, Amdahl and IBM in Australia, NZ and Asia.
As an entrepreneur, Murali founded and run two IT companies & served on the Board of Public (ASX Listed) company in Australia. He also teaches Business/Marketing, Competitive Strategies to MBA students at Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM, Sydney). In 2002, Dharan became a founding member and president of TiE (The IndusEntrepreneurs), the global network of entrepreneurs, which he built up as President for over 5 years. He is currently CEO of EmpowerIS a company, specialising in Supply Chain & ERP/CRM/BI solutions. He also works as an Advisor to software companies & Investors (VCs, Angels, PEs).
Murali has a top Hons Degree in Electrical Engineering from IIT, India, top medal MBA from Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM), Director’s Diploma from Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), and he is a certified Enterprise Architect of TOGAF from The Open Group.Besides business, Murali is an active Social Entrepreneur, providing leadership to several non-profit organisations in charity, education & social transformations.
Vivek led the path breaking global study on GreenSupply Chains based on the proprietary research, interviews with more than key 100 executives, original case studies, green system and process mapping, and nearly 18 man-months of original analysis by top-tier strategy consulting calibre analysts. It gives a holistic view of the green supply chains through decades, traces how businesses and supply chains have always moved in lock-step with each other and creates a map of future of the green supply chains. It also takes into account the trends, the capabilities, the changing business needs, and geopolitical realities to create a holistic view of Green Supply Chains and their key elements.
Vivek is the Managing Director of Global Supply Chain Group, a boutique strategy consulting firm specialising in Supply Chain Strategies, and headquartered in Sydney, Australia. He has over 24 years of experience in strategic transformations and operational excellence within global supply chains. Prior to co-founding Global Supply Chain Group in January 2000, Vivek was a management consultant with top-tier strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton.Vivek provides strategic operations and supply chain advice to boards and senior management of global corporations, private equity groups and other stakeholders in a range of industries including FMCG, food, shipping, logistics, manufacturing, chemicals, mining, agribusiness, construction materials, explosives, airlines and electrical utilities.
Vivek has served dozens of world-wide corporations in nearly 70 small and large projects on all continents with a variety of clients in many different industries. Most of the projects have involved diagnostic, conceptualisation and transformation of supply chains – releasing significant amount of value for the business. His project work in supply chain management has added cumulative value in excess of $500M incorporating projects in major supply chain infrastructure investment decisions, profitable growth driven by global supply chain realignment, supply chain systems, negotiations and all other aspects of global supply chains.Vivek has written a number of path breaking articles and commentaries that are published in several respected journals and magazines. Vivek has spoken at several supply chain conferences, forums and workshops in various parts of the world. He has also conducted several strategic workshops on various aspects of supply chain management. He received his MBA with Distinction from the Australian Graduate School of Management in 1996 and prior to these studies spent 11 years in the Merchant Navy, rising from a Cadet to Master Mariner.
- Are you ready for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) audits? Do you have verifiable, auditable data to support the claims of greenhouse gas reduction activity within your company?
- How can you use our Green Supply Chain Methodology and tool kit to enhance your company’s profits? Does going green have to cost extra?
- What green supply chain projects are your competitors considering at the moment? When will they disclose these to the industry and media? How will these projects affect the industry perception, pecking order and profitability?
- How can you establish your company as the leader in green supply chains and CSR while making great profits? Do you want your employees, suppliers, media and customers singing the praises of your CSR results?
- What liability are you exposing yourself, your board, your organisation to without a verifiable record set? What tools and methodologies do you need to make sure you are covered?
SECTION A: INTRODUCTION & WHY GREEN SUPPLY CHAINS?
- Benefits of Green Supply Chains
- Traditional vs. Green Supply Chains
- Sustainability, CSR and Green Supply Chains
- Drivers of Green Supply Chain
- Green Supply Chain Framework
SECTION B: GREEN SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING
- Green Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Life Cycle Engineering & Life Cycle Costing
SECTION C: PROCUREMENT AND SOURCING GREEN PROCUREMENT
SECTION D: GREEN SUPPLY CHAIN EXECUTION
- Green Production
- Green Logistics
- Green Packaging
- Green Marketing
- Supply Loops
SECTION E: CARBON MANAGEMENT CARBON FOOTPRINT MINIMIZATION ACROSS SUPPLY CHAIN
- Carbon Life Cycle Analysis & Approach to Carbon Management
- Carbon Management Framework & Methodology to Reduce Overall Carbon Footprint
SECTION F: PERFORMANCE EVALUATION AND MIGRATION STRATEGY
- Migration Strategy
- Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- Case Study: Westpac, Sustainable Supply Chain Policy & Practice
- By Yvonne Laycy, Manager, Sustainable Supply Chain Management (SSCM)
SECTION G: CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
SECTION H: CASE STUDIES & APPLICATION TO YOUR COMPANY
Case Study: Nike, Eco-efficiency through Supply Chain metrics By Kate Hughes, PhD Research on SCM, MGSM
GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP OFFERS THIS WORKSHOP IN 2 FORMATS
Private Workshop tailored to suit your business and run in-house for your managers and those of your major suppliers and customers. Enquire now! b. Public Workshop, bringing together GMs & Supply Chain Managers from across industries. Runs every quarter in major cities. Enquire now! Audience: Both workshops are intended for CEO/COO/GM level executives, Supply Chain Managers and related stakeholders.
Enquire now: Murali Dharan 0414 892361 or 8920 0694 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org Limited seats, Early registration essential