FOCUS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Given our data-driven approach to business transformation, it is not surprising that CFOs and Finance teams have always been some of our biggest fans and advocates within our client organisations.
Besides CEOs, the finance team and CFOs are the most focused on getting the entire company moving from the same playbook.
Our methodology assists in helping you achieve that fine balance between planning and control. This enables CFOs to lead, inspire and provide useful, accurate and timely feedback to the board as well as the entire organisation.
How Do We Do That?
CFOs Have Frequently Asked Us When The Best Time To Call Us Is.
Below is a partial answer based on shortfalls in basic supply chains. The full picture is available for access by getting in touch:
When To Use Us?
- When you notice any of the problems started above, or their follow-on impact.
- When the Board of Directors has asked for a presentation on supply chain performance, contribution or plans and you are short of resources.
- When you are going to negotiate and need content to balance the information asymmetry.
- When you suspect you are spending too much on freight, transportation, Third Party Logistics (3PL), warehousing etc.
- When you think your suppliers in supply chain know more about supply chain in your business than you do, and they are using that knowledge as a negotiation leverage.
- When you think there has to be a better, more cost effective way of configuring the supply chain.
- When the service levels are suffering, customers are constantly complaining.
- When warehouses are overflowing with inventory, on rounds you routinely see obsolete/redundant stock lying around. Working capital is an issue.
- When evidence of lack of planning and scheduling is all over: chaos, missed shipments, double payments, double shipments, low utilization of trucks, etc.
ABOUT THE PRINCIPAL AUTHOR
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek’s journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.