THE ART OF "REALLY" KNOWING YOUR CUSTOMERS
“It Is Never To Late To Be What You Might Have Been.”
The mining and mineral industry is highly fragmented, composed of many small firms serving local geographical markets. The majority of the demand for the industry is driven by spending from the construction and agricultural industries. Mines and quarries often open and close in relation to submission and completion of construction and highway projects. It is not uncommon for companies to abandon mines and quarries. However, many places have environmental regulations in place to control the condition the mines and surrounding areas are left in.
Larger companies generally have greater production volumes and support larger projects such as highways. They often experience some economies of scale, mostly in purchasing and administrative systems. Smaller companies typically own a single mine and compete only in a local market focusing on superior customer service. It is also not uncommon to see higher transportation costs than market value of the products being carried in the mining industry, subsidy often accomodates this.
Key Issues Affecting The Mining And Mineral Industry Include:
- Need for network optimisation
- Ineffective distribution methods
- Excessive waste
- Need for operational re-engineering
At Global Supply Chain Group our top-tier staff of operational engineers and supply chain experts will solve these and any other issues you might be experiencing in the mining and mineral industry.
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek's journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Our Clients say it better than we ever could:
Our Clients come from a variety of industries – yet they have a common element. They rarely rest on their laurels, and are always looking to do better.
OUR PROJECTS - EFFECTIVE TRANSFORMATIONS
In the last 20 years we have completed more than 500 projects. Click below to see a sample of our projects.
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT A SUPPLY CHAIN CAREER
NOW Is The Best Time To Take YOUR Career Seriously:Y