What to do when supply chain peaks?
What is the best move in post COVID-19 career rush?
SUPPLY CHAIN HAS A PROMISING FUTURE
the best CEOs in the world today come from within the ranks of supply chain management
Yet, most other supply chain professionals struggle to make an impact within their own companies. Their voices are often drowned in the board room meetings, and they get blamed for far too many things that are not their fault.
need to overcome these FOUR big blockers
To Rise to the top
Lack of supply chain know-how in most board rooms
Board rooms around the world are full of ex lawyers and accountants, but rarely will you find an ex supply chain person. How would best supply chain ideas be championed at board level?
'Division of Labour' without adequate 'integration of effort'
Industrial era catch-cry of 'Division of Labour' produced enormous gains 100 years ago. In today's information age, the time has now come to move beyond to make further gains.
Gap between budget planning and S&OP
Parallel planning and control processes covering same activities are bound to produce confusion and irritation unless they are well co-ordinated.
'Satisficing' mindset - kills 'optimisation' ability
Culture of constant firefighting within most companies leads to doing barely enough to get by on a daily basis. Optimisation is one of key cornerstones of supply chain management.
About Vivek Sood
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek's journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain - qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain - against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT - these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.
What others are saying about
Advanced supply chain
View from the top
Head - PPC / Logistics / Sourcing at Arvind Limited (Wovens & Knits Fabrics)
Mr Sood's keynote speech on the strategic impact of supply chain on profitability and performance was eye-opening and awakening. When he answered questions, it was clear that he is a true master - probably one of the top five on earth today. Very highly recommended for speeches, workshops and trainings on anything to do with supply chains and B2B Networks !!!!
CEO - Caprica International,
Vivek Sood is a highly respected thought leader in the field of supply chain management. He has written books and articles to share his vision with current industry professionals and the next generation of logistics leaders. Vivek has successfully implemented innovative supply chain solutions for key multinational customers and continues to evolve with creative value added concepts designed for tangible impact.
Head of Supply Chain Valaris PLC
Vivek is a very passionate, knowledgeable and experienced supply chain professional. He understands the complexity and challenges of supply chains with out losing sight of the strategic issues.
Remove the FOUR big blockers.
And, dozens of small ones too.
FOR SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS
120 years of combined PRACTICAL PROJECT experience distilled into an interactive course.
US$990 PER COPY
12 ONLINE LIVE VIDEO CLASSES,
US$190 PER SESSION
USEFUL FOR aLL SENIOR EXECUTIVES CLOSE TO THE BOARD ROOM
Take your supply chain, and career, to a new height.