what makes SUPPLY CHAIN Job one of the best jobs on earth in this coming decade?
S.V. Padmanabhan (Venkat)
President & Global Head of Finance (Products)
I am tempted to give him the nickname "Mr. Supply Chain".
Mr Supply Chain
ONE OF THE LEAD INDICATORS OF SUCCESS
Your success in ANY job today will depend on how well you know and use your supply chain
Even Before COVID-19 businesses were facing unprecedented challenges. These challenges have now multiplied to an extent where traditional management paradigm has completely flipped.
Globalisation, product proliferation, customer expectations and technology development add to the enormous complexity.
Economic volatility driven by financial markets and commodity markets is making demand and supply planning next to impossible.
When things go wrong anywhere in operations - in logistics, in manufacturing, in customer service, in procurement, in inventory - or even in sales, SCM frequently is the first one to trouble-shoot.
Act despite Ambiguity
Finance, Marketing, Sales, Logistics each define SCM in ways that suits them. Many CEOs and boards still do not fully understand the differences between various definitions, and which is most appropriate for their company.
Only PROPER Supply Chain Management Can Overcome These Challenges Adequately.
About Vivek Sood
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek's journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain - qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain - against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT - these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.
What others are saying about
supply chain know-how
How to use supply chain for career success?
Head - PPC / Logistics / Sourcing at Arvind Limited ( Wovens & Knits Fabrics )
Mr Sood's keynote speech on the strategic impact of supply chain on profitability and performance was eye-opening and awakening. When he answered questions, it was clear that he is a true master - probably one of the top five on earth today. Very highly recommended for speeches, workshops and trainings on anything to do with supply chains and B2B Networks !!!!
CEO - EQ8R Managed Functions
Vivek and I have worked together in a number of different contexts. I've been impressed by his ability to clearly see how to maximise value through connections between businesses. If business operations are like lego bricks, Vivek is a Master Builder.
Expert Global Capacity Planning Factories - FESTO
I saw Vivek’s thought leadership in action during a large scale business transformation project of an industrial corporation. He attended and assisted in several senior executive workshops on maximising the outcomes of supply chain tools that we could deploy effectively to create tangible, sustainable change. In supply chain, Vivek stands apart as a strategic and visionary thinker, who provides impulse for real positive change and results.
What is holding your career success?
Get your career on FAST TRACK.
FOR SUPPLY CHAIN PROFESSIONALS, aND OTHER MANAGERS
120 years of distilled team experience.
US$99 PER COPY
10 ONLINE LIVE VIDEO CLASSES,
US$69 PER SESSION
USEFUL FOR SENIOR EXECUTIVES AS WELL
If you don't get this - do not blame the economy, or anything else.