Is NOW the best time to
take YOUR career seriously?
S.V. Padmanabhan (Venkat)
President & Global Head of Finance (Products)
I am tempted to give him the nickname "Mr. Supply Chain".
"Mr Supply Chain"
QUESTIONS ABOUT A SUPPLY CHAIN CAREER?
Everything you wanted to know about a career in supply chain management
Students, new entrants, and other curious people ask us a lot of questions over the years.
In MBA and Industry Lectures
Questions about our projects and experiences in SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
Questions about job advancement and moving into SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT careers.
Questions about SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT - I was the most read author on Quora for a long time on SCM.
In Workshops, Conference and Training
Questions about how to use SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT for positive business transformations.
About Vivek Sood
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek's journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain - qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain - against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT - these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.
What others are saying about
Their Career Progression
People have always derived great career benefits from our know-how.
Mauricio De rutte
Brand Manager - Alpinestars at promotora genesis PERU
He taught me a lot in a short duration. The company does amazing project work for their clients and because of the care and trust the results make the clients very successful.
thomas radrigan de la fuente
Best Customer Experience Manager - Mercedes-Benz Abu Dhabi
Vivek's inspirational leadership brings out the best of every person on the team in an engaging manner. Vivek is also a mentor for me, as I progressed so much in analysis skills and business intelligence.
Head of Ships Agency & Maritime Logistics l UAE at Wilhelmsen group
Working at Global Supply Chain Group was one the most beneficial experiences in my career. Vivek was a great mentor who guided me in seeing the bigger picture and formulating strategies.
What is holding you back?
Get your career on FAST TRACK.
FOR ASPIRING NEW SUPPLY CHAIN ENTRANTS
120 years of distilled team experience - for the price of a beer.
US$9 PER COPY
4 ONLINE LIVE VIDEO CLASSES,
US$9 PER SESSION
USEFUL FOR ESTABLISHED SUPPLY CHAIN PROFESSIONALS AS WELL
Even supply chain people with dozens of years of experience will not know all of material covered in this guide, or class.