THE ART OF "REALLY" KNOWING YOUR CUSTOMERS
What Is It?
Strategic sourcing is an approach to supply chain management that validates the way information is gathered and used so that an organisation can leverage its consolidated purchasing power to find the best possible values in the marketplace.
Strategic sourcing is important to any business involved in purchasing goods, services or capital. During the acquisition process, there are several factors to be considered including; what is bought where, what products do different suppliers offer and how much does it cost to provide that good or service?
Procurement is the acquiring of goods, services or works from an outside external source. It is favourable that the goods, services or works are appropriate and that they are procured at the best possible cost to meet the needs of the purchaser in terms of quality and quantity, time, and location. In supply chain management, it is used in parallel to strategic sourcing to introduce the condition of scarcity to decision making.
- Some companies do not know the differences between strategic sourcing and procurement in supply chain management
- Many still lack the Total Cost of Ownership perspective
- Too many suppliers for a single commodity
Why Use It?
- Cost-effectiveness from having fewer suppliers that really serve clients’ needs
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek's journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Our Clients say it better than we ever could:
Our Clients come from a variety of industries – yet they have a common element. They rarely rest on their laurels, and are always looking to do better.
OUR PROJECTS - EFFECTIVE TRANSFORMATIONS
In the last 20 years we have completed more than 500 projects. Click below to see a sample of our projects.
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT A SUPPLY CHAIN CAREER
NOW Is The Best Time To Take YOUR Career Seriously:Y