THE ART OF "REALLY" KNOWING YOUR CUSTOMERS
"To Lead The People, Walk Behind Them."
What Is Supply Chain Strategy?
- The Art Of Making Sure Your Customers Get What They Want While You Make Profits
This involves understanding your customer needs and segment them accordingly. With this intimate knowledge of customers, you will be able to create purpose-built, end-to-end supply chains to meet those different segments. In other words, it is the strategy that will help you get to Supply Chain 3.0.
- Only One Supply Chain Strategy For All Customers
More often than not, companies only have one end-to-end supply chain for all different customer segments, which is akin to making everyone eat the same dish at a buffet. The consequences? Unhappy and leaving customers.
- Exorbitant Costs
Inventories running out of control, deliveries running out of time will ultimately result in money running out of your pockets.
Why Use It?
- Segment Customers Based On Demand Profile Of Customers
The marketing department usually has customer profiles, which are only as good as they are for marketing purposes. For supply chain optimization, you need a different set of customer profiles, based on their actual demand for your supplied goods/services.
- Minimize Costs, Charge Higher Prices, More Loyal Customers
By having optimised supply chains for specific customers, you will increase your throughput to their maximum potential and global benchmarks in your industry. Customers are delighted by being served with the right stock at the right time.
- Utilize The Best Supply Chain Know-How
We are one of the first top-tier consulting firm with a focus on supply chain strategy. To us, devising a supply chain strategy is akin to craftsmanship; as it requires passion, care, and good intention.
By having optimized supply chains for specific customers, you will increase your throughput to their maximum potential and global benchmarks in your industry. Customers are delighted by being served with the right stock at the right time.
Five Key Questions For The Boards And Senior Management Teams Considering Supply Chain Strategies:
- Is your supply chain strategy supporting or hindering your business strategy? Is your supply chain performing to your satisfaction?
- Are your supply chain costs and throughput close to their optimum potential or global benchmarks in your industry?
- Is a continual improvement plan to reduce costs, and increase throughput in place? What is the actual performance against this plan?
- Are your customers delighted by the On-time In-full delivery performance?
- Are your inventories under control?
For more details about how we can help you reap benefits from a world-class supply chain strategy, contact us today.
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek's journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Our Clients say it better than we ever could:
Our Clients come from a variety of industries – yet they have a common element. They rarely rest on their laurels, and are always looking to do better.
OUR PROJECTS - EFFECTIVE TRANSFORMATIONS
In the last 20 years we have completed more than 500 projects. Click below to see a sample of our projects.
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT A SUPPLY CHAIN CAREER
NOW Is The Best Time To Take YOUR Career Seriously:Y