THE GLOBAL TURMOIL IS NOW STANDING AT AUSTRALIANS DOORSTEP, CAUSING INTENSE ANXIETY ABOUT CONTINUED BUSINESS PROSPERITY
Risks Ahead: 2013 is shapping up to be a year full of risk for Australian Managers
Get a free copy of the report here
The 8 critical issues facing global business leaders
Extensive research shows significant and similar trends across multiple industries. These are just the 8 biggest issues – the good news is that most of issues are manageable – with the right tools, resources, training and diligence.
- Issue 1: Acute shortage of skilled workforce for modern operations
- Issue 2: Rapidly intesifying pressure to reduce operations cost in face of business uncertainty
- Issue 3: Intense scruting of Supply Chain Management function within mist organisations
- Issue 4: Further globalisation of supply chains – explosion of global connectivity
- Issue 5: Continued shifting of balance of power to outsourced services providers
- Issue 6: Information overwhelm and activity overload
- Issue 7: Demanding customers – expecting more all the time
- Issue 8: Supply chain compression – reduction in inventory, time, and working capital
Five Insights for outstanding success
The rigorous research that highlighted the critical issues facing companies also identified several insights into key lead indicators of outstanding success.
Here are the 5 key lead indicators:
- Lead Indicator 1
Great companies give supply chain a voice, not just a seat, at the board table.
- Lead Indicator 2
Great companies deploy the best supply chain talent in the world, without compromise.
- Lead Indicator 3
Great companies outsource strategically – they commoditise through standardisation modularisation and homogenisation.
- Lead Indicator 4
Great companies create a special spark between their sales and their operations.
- Lead Indicator 5
Great companies do not copy supply chain models – they create their own.