WHY ARE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ESTIMATES REGULARLY OFF BY A FACTOR OF 2-3 TIMES?
January 8, 2019
Reblogged from Startup Answers: (written by Michael Wolfe)
Let’s take a hike on the coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles to visit our friends in Newport Beach. I’ll whip out my map and draw our route down the coast:The line is about 400 miles long; we can walk 4 miles per hour for 10 hours per day, so we’ll be there in 10 days. We call our friends and book dinner for next Sunday night, when we will roll in triumphantly at 6 p.m. They can’t wait! We get up early the next day giddy with the excitement of fresh adventure. We strap on our backpacks, whip out our map, and plan our first day. We look at the map. Uh oh:
Copyright - These concepts, frameworks and ideas are copyright of GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP from the time of their creation. Do NOT copy these without permission and proper attribution.
- These ideas and concepts will be usually expressed by our thought leaders in multiple forums - conferences, speeches, books, reports, workshops, webinars, videos and training. You may have heard us say the same thing before.
- The date shown above the article refers to the day when this article was updated. This blog post or article may have been written anytime prior to that date.
- All anecdotes are based on true stories to highlight the key points of the article - some details are changed to protect identification of the parties involved.
- You are encouraged to comment below - your real identity and email will not be revealed when your comment is displayed. Insightful comments will be featured, and will win a copy of one of our books. Please keep the comments relevant, decorous and respectful of everyone. All comments represent opinions of the commentators.
Our Quick Notes On Five Flows Of Supply Chain Management
Part of our new “Quick Notes” series – this report answers your most pertinent questions of the topic.
- What are the five flows of SCM?
- Why are they important TO YOU?
- How can you map, track, and optimise these flows to serve YOU?
- What is the importance of difference between "Supply Chain" and "Value Chain"?
- What are the stellar case studies of each of the five flows?