Because Supply Chain is the backbone of every company Chief Supply Chain Officers often get the blame for every problem related to one extend or another to Supply Chain.
A study of Bain & Company shows that 85% of senior executive see supply chain improvement as a top priority. In the meantime, only 10% are tracking the supply chain performance.
Managing Supply Chain risks become a core issue in company strategy:
A recent Aberdeen Group survey show that 99% of the companies encounter supply chain disruptions and half of the time it results bottom line reduction.
The most common problems are:
- Supplier capacity fell short of demand (56%)
- Shortages or price increases for raw materials (49%)
- Unanticipated customer demand changes (45%)
- Shipments that were delayed, damaged or misdirected (39%)
- Shortages or price hikes for fuel ( 35%)