"In the long history of humankind (and animal kind too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed."
Charles Darwin (1809 – 1882)
What is Network Optimisation?
- Locating the distribution centre in the right places to meet demand in the most cost-effective manner
- Logistics is a part of Supply Chain Network
- Mismatch between demand and distribution centre locations
- Missing contextual information about the network
- Intuitive knowledge lacking quantitative analysis
Why use it?
- Help you know what counts and what can be counted to create better network
- Combine mathematical rigour with intuitive knowledge and experience