THE ART OF "REALLY" KNOWING YOUR CUSTOMERS
“Energy And Persistence Conquer All Things.”
The foods and cold chain industry is composed of goods with set shelf-lives. The goods are bought and sold first-in, first-out format to ensure quality of the product to consumers. Goods in the foods and cold chain industry often experience rapid rates of deterioration, so to prevent loss, inventory must be closely monitored. Profitability of the industry is often dependent on a good product mix and highly efficient operations.
Large companies gain advantage through purchasing in bulk as well as economies of scale distributions. Smaller companies can compete by specializing in certain products or by marketing only to a specific geographical area. It is also not uncommon in the industry to see supply contracts between buyer and seller.
Problem Areas Of The Industry:
- Supply chain strategy
- Ineffective inventory strategy
- Excessive waste
At Global Supply Chain Group we will work together to streamline your supply chain processes and reduce loss due to ineffective use of inventory as well as any other supply chain issues you may be experiencing.
Today, Vivek and his partners are among 20-30 people on the planet earth who have this deep understanding of supply chain systems, practices and tools. CEOs, COOs, executives and Boards call them in most challenging situations once they know the full potential of supply chain based transformations. Following are key milestones in Vivek's journey:
- Started in 1983 as a merchant navy cadet at 18 years age, worked his way to qualify as a Captain – qualified to take command of any merchant ship, worldwide.
- Earned a top tier MBA from UNSW at the top of his class.
- Joined highly regarded strategy consulting firm Booz Allen & Hamilton, consulting to the CEOs, Boards and senior management of global corporations within Australia.
- To learn and specialise in supply chain – against all odds, sought out the co-inventor of supply chain in Germany and convinced him to be a partner in his firm, GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP, launched in January 2000.
- More than 500 successful blue chip projects with high impact business transformations in large corporations using the full power of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
- 4 Seminal and path breaking business books IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – these are available in bookstores and universities and libraries worldwide.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Our Clients say it better than we ever could:
Our Clients come from a variety of industries – yet they have a common element. They rarely rest on their laurels, and are always looking to do better.
OUR PROJECTS - EFFECTIVE TRANSFORMATIONS
In the last 20 years we have completed more than 500 projects. Click below to see a sample of our projects.
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT A SUPPLY CHAIN CAREER
NOW Is The Best Time To Take YOUR Career Seriously:Y